There are many benefits that attract aspiring franchisees to the SpeedPro business model. Our low-overhead operation, supportive team mentality, nationwide network and unlimited scalability are all big draws to the right kind of entrepreneur. But beyond that, we understand your franchise decision is greatly influenced by the numbers—how much your investment costs and how much you can ultimately earn from the business.
If you’re interested in joining the thriving B2B large-format printing industry, take a look at the numbers from SpeedPro’s 2023 Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD). Our success speaks for itself!
How much can you make with SpeedPro?
SpeedPro’s year-over-year financial performance is a great indicator of the strength of our industry and the tremendous potential awaiting new Studio owners. Systemwide, SpeedPro’s franchises generated over $99 million in gross sales in 2022*. This reflects a 32% year-over-year increase in sales from 2021, which saw $75 million in gross sales.
In terms of an individual franchisee’s earning potential, the average gross sales from SpeedPro’s top quartile (25%) is $1,595,290, with an average owner’s discretionary profit of $422,234*.
As the large-format printing industry grows and becomes even more efficient, SpeedPro Studio owners can take advantage of our business’s nearly unmatched gross profit margin of 68%, on average. This paves the way for our owners’ long-term success.
SpeedPro’s initial investment costs
It’s not only about how much you can make. It’s also about how much it costs to get started. SpeedPro is proud to help franchisees begin with a low initial investment relative to the industry.
The average cost to open a new SpeedPro Studio ranges from $246,382–$329,114*. This cost is inclusive of the initial franchise fee of $49,500, working capital, marketing fees and our all-inclusive startup package, which provides everything from printers and equipment to studio furniture.
Many new SpeedPro franchisees finance this initial investment by using an SBA loan, personal savings or a 401(k) Rollover. Combined with the relatively low investment cost, these options make SpeedPro an accessible business for many.
4 factors driving SpeedPro financials
Our FDD is a strong validator of SpeedPro’s financial performance. However, it’s also important to look further down the road and understand what’s helping to drive our revenue potential. Both SpeedPro’s operational structure and trends in the large-format printing industry can help owners maximize their earnings once their Studio is up and running.
- Low overhead: The overall cost of operating a SpeedPro Studio is low compared to other business types. Studios can be opened with just one or two employees and a modest amount of equipment. Owners can then scale with more employees and equipment additions as they grow their client portfolios. This keeps monthly overhead low and allows you to maximize profit.
- Broad range of substrates: Innovations in the large-format printing industry have helped companies like SpeedPro broaden their product offerings. Our printers work on a wide array of substrates, from paper and vinyl to wood, glass and textiles. This allows owners to promote the most cost-effective substrates for better profit margins. It also drives more revenue by offering a wider range of options to customers.
- Diverse client verticals: In addition to offering a variety of products, SpeedPro Studios have the ability to serve a wide array of clients. Our model is set up to serve nearly any business or organization with signage, marketing and advertising needs. Studio owners can forge partnerships with local businesses, school districts, nonprofits, event planners and small-format printing providers. This allows for tremendous revenue potential while reducing business risk for our owners.
- Repeat business partners: Part of the reason SpeedPro is so successful is because of the partnership approach we bring to customer relationships. We’re not merely a print provider—we’re our clients’ partner in large-format product ideation, printing and installation. Our top-quality service encourages customers to return again for future advertising needs, driving repeat business and improving customer ROI.
Get your start with SpeedPro
The numbers speak for themselves. SpeedPro has experienced year-over-year sales growth as our franchise system expands to new locations. Don’t wait to join in on this exciting franchise opportunity and launch your own lucrative business!
Reach out to learn more about our large-format printing franchise system and begin your journey to ownership today.
* Figures reflect 2023 Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)